Sign up for free newsletters and get more CNBC delivered to your inbox. CNBC Originals are "must see TV" for the viewer enamoured by such iconic businesses and events as Budweiser, McDonald's, Nike, Wal-Mart, America's pot industry, the stock market crash of '87 and how today's economic House of Cards began to tumble. "host" : 'mps.cnbc.com', Reviewed in the United States on December 31, 2018, Disgusting what Wall Street did to millions of Americans. Date.now() : (function() { return +new Date })(); , Actors mps._queue.mpsinit.push(function() { They are on record literally laughing at economists who were calling the crisis just weeks before doing a complete 180 and now they only talk about the end of the world etc. Up to 6 user profiles. Saturday February 14, 2009 return false; if (result && result.geo && result.geo.country_code) { if (EEA_REGION_COUNTRY_CODES.includes(result.geo.country_code)) { *)$/,l=["appendChild","insertBefore","replaceChild"];f.inPlace(HTMLElement.prototype,l,"dom-"),f.inPlace(HTMLHeadElement.prototype,l,"dom-"),f.inPlace(HTMLBodyElement.prototype,l,"dom-"),c.on("dom-start",function(t){r(t[0])})}},{}],10:[function(t,e,n){var r=t("ee").get("mutation"),o=t(24)(r),i=NREUM.o.MO;e.exports=r,i&&(window.MutationObserver=function(t){return this instanceof i?new i(o(t,"fn-")):i.apply(this,arguments)},MutationObserver.prototype=i.prototype)},{}],11:[function(t,e,n){function r(t){var e=a.context(),n=s(t,"executor-",e),r=new f(n);return a.context(r).getCtx=function(){return e},a.emit("new-promise",[r,e],e),r}function o(t,e){return e}var i=t(24),a=t("ee").get("promise"),s=i(a),c=t(21),f=NREUM.o.PR;e.exports=a,f&&(window.Promise=r,["all","race"].forEach(function(t){var e=f[t];f[t]=function(n){function r(t){return function(){a.emit("propagate",[null,!o],i),o=o||!t}}var o=!1;c(n,function(e,n){Promise.resolve(n).then(r("all"===t),r(!1))});var i=e.apply(f,arguments),s=f.resolve(i);return s}}),["resolve","reject"].forEach(function(t){var e=f[t];f[t]=function(t){var n=e.apply(f,arguments);return t!==n&&a.emit("propagate",[t,!0],n),n}}),f.prototype["catch"]=function(t){return this.then(null,t)},f.prototype=Object.create(f.prototype,{constructor:{value:r}}),c(Object.getOwnPropertyNames(f),function(t,e){try{r[e]=f[e]}catch(n){}}),a.on("executor-start",function(t){t[0]=s(t[0],"resolve-",this),t[1]=s(t[1],"resolve-",this)}),a.on("executor-err",function(t,e,n){t[1](n)}),s.inPlace(f.prototype,["then"],"then-",o),a.on("then-start",function(t,e){this.promise=e,t[0]=s(t[0],"cb-",this),t[1]=s(t[1],"cb-",this)}),a.on("then-end",function(t,e,n){this.nextPromise=n;var r=this.promise;a.emit("propagate",[r,!0],n)}),a.on("cb-end",function(t,e,n){a.emit("propagate",[n,!0],this.nextPromise)}),a.on("propagate",function(t,e,n){this.getCtx&&!e||(this.getCtx=function(){if(t instanceof Promise)var e=a.context(t);return e&&e.getCtx?e.getCtx():this})}),r.toString=function(){return""+f})},{}],12:[function(t,e,n){var r=t("ee").get("raf"),o=t(24)(r),i="equestAnimationFrame";e.exports=r,o.inPlace(window,["r"+i,"mozR"+i,"webkitR"+i,"msR"+i],"raf-"),r.on("raf-start",function(t){t[0]=o(t[0],"fn-")})},{}],13:[function(t,e,n){function r(t,e,n){t[0]=a(t[0],"fn-",null,n)}function o(t,e,n){this.method=n,this.timerDuration=isNaN(t[1])?0:+t[1],t[0]=a(t[0],"fn-",this,n)}var i=t("ee").get("timer"),a=t(24)(i),s="setTimeout",c="setInterval",f="clearTimeout",u="-start",d="-";e.exports=i,a.inPlace(window,[s,"setImmediate"],s+d),a.inPlace(window,[c],c+d),a.inPlace(window,[f,"clearImmediate"],f+d),i.on(c+u,r),i.on(s+u,o)},{}],14:[function(t,e,n){function r(t,e){d.inPlace(e,["onreadystatechange"],"fn-",s)}function o(){var t=this,e=u.context(t);t.readyState>3&&!e.resolved&&(e.resolved=!0,u.emit("xhr-resolved",[],t)),d.inPlace(t,y,"fn-",s)}function i(t){g.push(t),h&&(x?x.then(a):v?v(a):(E=-E,O.data=E))}function a(){for(var t=0;t34||l<10)||window.opera||t.addEventListener("progress",function(t){e.lastSize=t.loaded},!1)}),f.on("open-xhr-start",function(t){this.params={method:t[0]},i(this,t[1]),this.metrics={}}),f.on("open-xhr-end",function(t,e){"loader_config"in NREUM&&"xpid"in NREUM.loader_config&&this.sameOrigin&&e.setRequestHeader("X-NewRelic-ID",NREUM.loader_config.xpid)}),f.on("send-xhr-start",function(t,e){var n=this.metrics,r=t[0],o=this;if(n&&r){var i=h(r);i&&(n.txSize=i)}this.startTime=a.now(),this.listener=function(t){try{"abort"===t.type&&(o.params.aborted=!0),("load"!==t.type||o.called===o.totalCbs&&(o.onloadCalled||"function"!=typeof e.onload))&&o.end(e)}catch(n){try{f.emit("internal-error",[n])}catch(r){}}};for(var s=0;s parseInt(categoryPreference.split(':')[0], 10)); } if (window.top !== window.self) { )+[a-zA-Z]{2,}))/; (function() { } CNBC_Comscore = 'CNBC_feeds'; mps._queue.mpsinit = mps._queue.mpsinit || []; mps._queue = mps._queue || {}; You should be able to identify at least 5 players. 'cat' : 'CNBC feeds|CNBC Information and Policies|CNBC: News Releases' , See the explosive effects of her influence and how her impact on business is worth billions. It also analyzed reviews to verify trustworthiness. if (mps._urlContainsEmail()) { The program opens with this text quote: : Faber follows the story from mortgage broker to homeowner, brokers to ratings agencies and all the way to former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan. In a rare interview, CNBC's David Faber speaks with one of the few savvy investors who bet against the mortgage-backed security fever -- Dallas's Kyle Bass -- whose hedge fund soared 600% in just eighteen months. Full content visible, double tap to read brief content. (And NO, I don't work for CNBC! mpsload.src = "//" + mpsopts.host + "/fetch/ext/load-" + mpscall.site + ".js?nowrite=2"; Collectively, the investment firms involved manage a combined $62.3 billion in assets, according to Crunchbase figures. 'site' : 'cnbc-mobile' , Questions, comments, suggestions for the Mad Money website? IMO. A Division of NBCUniversal. var mpscall = { } var script = document.createElement("script"); document.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded", function(event) { Live TV is available in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia only. const ONE_TRUST_COOKIE_NAME = 'OptanonConsent'; })(); See the $150-billion dollar industry hiding in plain sight. mps._queue.gptloaded.push(function() { A Division of NBCUniversal. console.log('PUB-GDPR-CHECK oneTrustCookie: ', oneTrustCookie); An Emmy, Peabody, and Dupont award winner, David Faber is the anchor and co-producer of CNBC's acclaimed original documentaries as well as a contributor to CNBC's "Squawk on the Street.". See production, box office & company info. 'path' : '/id/28984151' , } } }; Published 5:22 PM ET Thu, 12 Feb 2009 Updated 11:43 AM ET Thu, 5 Aug 2010 CNBC.com "Houses of Cards," a CNBC original documentary about the credit crisis, premieres Thursday night at 8 PM and . They expose the Problems that still yet need to be resolved, one way or another. 'keywords' : '~' , mps._queue.refreshads = mps._queue.refreshads || []; STRICTLY_NECESSARY: 1, 'cag[device]' : 'mobile-touch' , Greenspan also admits that even he did not understand the details of the more complex securities on the market. mps.cloneAd = function() { return false; } Meet the new breed of entrepreneurs cashing in on the Apps business. 'cag[type_source]' : 'CNBC US Source' , 'path' : '/id/29167221' , console.log('PUB-GDPR-CHECK oneTrustCookie matches: ', matches); This documentary highlights the plight of America during the Housing Boom. } Mayor Karen Kuvaas and Narvik's other town leaders hoped to become "great heroes" by reaping the income from financial ventures they believed were safe. TARGETED_ADS: 4, CNBC Originals are the best of the best in non-fiction feature programming, focusing on the business community's biggest stories. CNBC_Comscore = 'CNBC_TV'; let cEnd = document.cookie.indexOf(';', cStart); mps.insertAd("#" + slotid, adunit) Please rank them in order from most responsible to least responsible. Sign up for free newsletters and get more CNBC delivered to your inbox. Access to award-winning Hulu Originals. Best Rewards Credit Cards. Trailer: Get to Work. (function() { Russo goes into depression about the job losses at the shipyards. Banker Michael Francis tells Faber that no matter how risky the package, during the peak of the lending frenzy any mortgage-backed security could find a home on Wall Street. '); Cookie Notice Reviewed in the United States on March 7, 2015. , Release date "host" : 'mps.cnbc.com', My purchase of this item was to use it in a class I was teaching on White Collar Crime. mps._queue.adview = mps._queue.adview || []; mps._queue.mpsloaded = mps._queue.mpsloaded || []; 'cag[type_franchise]' : 'Economy|The Fed|World Economy|Credit|Housing|Stock Picks|Mad Money|stocks' , Reviewed in the United States on January 17, 2014. "true" : "false") + "; expires=" + d.toUTCString() + "; path=/"; if (window.mps) { Most new episodes the day after they air. mps.response.dart.adunits[i].data = ''; } Wall Street began to consume risky mortgages and turn them into products they could sell to hungry foreign investors. Would recommend everyone spend the time to view this. Generalist VC firms will need to make routine assessments of their carbon . cEnd = document.cookie.length; ("undefined"!=typeof FormData&&t instanceof FormData))try{return JSON.stringify(t).length}catch(e){return}}}},{}],19:[function(t,e,n){var r=0,o=navigator.userAgent.match(/Firefox[\/\s](\d+\.\d+)/);o&&(r=+o[1]),e.exports=r},{}],20:[function(t,e,n){function r(t,e){if(!o)return!1;if(t!==o)return!1;if(!e)return!0;if(!i)return!1;for(var n=i.split("."),r=e.split(". const ONE_TRUST_COOKIE_NAME = 'OptanonConsent'; The program had a name only a banker could love: the pay option negative amortization adjustable rate mortgage. It was designed to help first-time homebuyers who couldnt actually afford the cost of the loan. It was updated on May 23, 2008. if (mps.response && mps.response.dart && typeof(mps.response.dart.adunits) === 'object') { ), Watch CNBC's "House of Cards" -- to understand the problem, Ways to get involved in the upcoming elections. Best Cash Back . For personal and non-commercial use only. window.location.href = `/opt-in-check?pub_referrer=${encodeURIComponent(url)}`; Location data required to access content. Bernie Madoff & The $50 Billion Heist, The Money Chase: Inside Harvard Business School, NEWBOs: The Rise of America's New Black Overclass, Run for the Roses: the Kentucky Derby and the Business of Horse Racing, Planet Of The Apps: A Hand-Held Revolution, Mob Money: An American Greed Special Presentation, Top subscription boxes right to your door, 1996-2023, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Please try again. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Sunday, March 1st Midnight ET if (typeof mps.getAd != "function") mps.getAd = function(adunit) { You are about to exit Hulu.com to visit the Shop Hulu site, where a different Terms of Use and Privacy Policy apply. script.setAttribute("async", true); script.setAttribute("onerror", "setAdblockerCookie(true);"); Best 0% APR Credit Cards. s.src = "https://fm.cnbc.com/applications/cnbc.com/resources/files/2020/03/28/VisitorAPI.js"; "true" : "false") + "; expires=" + d.toUTCString() + "; path=/"; mps._queue.mpsloaded.push(function(){ 'is_content' : '1' , --Internal email Wall Street, 12/15/2006 Best Balance Transfer Credit Cards. 'cag[brand]' : 'none' , if (typeof window === 'undefined') return; This real explains the crash of 2008 and the housing bubble. I just finished watching the CNBC documentary House of Cards (hat tip to Gregg for pointing it out to me). I thought the interviews with Allen Greenspan were enlightening. document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0].appendChild(script); Best Debt Consolidation Loans for Bad Credit, Personal Loans for 580 Credit Score or Lower, Personal Loans for 670 Credit Score or Lower, CNBC ORIGINAL DOCUMENTARY "HOUSE OF CARDS" UNCOVERS THE REASONS BEHIND THE GREATEST FINANCIAL COLLAPSE SINCE THE GREAT DEPRESSION. // If in iframe, bypass OneTrust. // LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - The "Friday the 13th" franchise has nothing on "House of Cards," a chilling CNBC documentary detailing the Wall Street-fueled events that made the current global . Over 30 Minutes of Bonus Material Including: Greenspan on Wall Street's Failings Mortgage Lender on the Perfect Storm How a Hedge Fund Profited While Others Lost FDIC Chairman on Risky Assets & Practices. CNBC investigates the causes of the 2007 financial crisis by examining the roles of mortgage lenders and Wall Street financiers in the disaster.CNBC investigates the causes of the 2007 financial crisis by examining the roles of mortgage lenders and Wall Street financiers in the disaster.CNBC investigates the causes of the 2007 financial crisis by examining the roles of mortgage lenders and Wall Street financiers in the disaster. We want to hear from you. 'is_sponsored' : '0' , , Run time 'pubdate' : '1233619458' , Language : Unqualified. Number of discs : 1. This story was originally broadcast on Jan. 27, 2008. return true; What is "Moral Hazard"? return _regex.test(_qs); window.location.href = `/opt-in-check?pub_referrer=${encodeURIComponent(url)}`; const EEA_REGION_COUNTRY_CODES = ['AT', 'BE', 'BG', 'HR', 'CY', 'CZ', 'DK', 'EE', 'FI', 'FR', 'DE', 'GR', 'HU', 'IS', 'IE', 'IT', 'LV', 'LI', 'LT', 'LU', 'MT', 'NL', 'NO', 'PL', 'PT', 'RO', 'SK', 'SI', 'ES', 'SE', 'CH', 'TR', 'GB']; if (document.cookie.length > 0) { : Any free trials valid for new and eligible returning subscribers only. //begin OneTrust Redirect if (isOneTrustAnyBlocked()) { mps._log('**** LOADED: cnbc-cms-header-insert'); if (typeof window === 'undefined') return; mps.__timer = Date.now ? The bottomline after all this rambling is that House of Cards was a pretty interesting story to watch and I think you'll find it entertaining, angering and educational. A generation of self-made, young, black multimillionaires is emerging from sports, media, and entertainment to live the American Dream. Watch how aggressive interest-rate cuts sparked a housing boom, subprime mortgages brought down banks, overleveraging hurt Morgan Stanley and Citigroup and problems here in the U.S. worked their way overseas. SOCIAL_MEDIA: 8 Best 0% APR Credit Cards. Stream our library of shows and movies without ad interruptions. return; 'title' : 'Watch CNBC&rsquo;s &lsquo;House of Cards&rsquo; Thursday Night' , mps._urlContainsEmail = function() { "Houses of Cards," a CNBC original documentary about the credit crisis, premieres Thursday night at 8 PM and midnight ET. Greenspan: Power, Money & The American Dream, Marijuana Inc: Inside America's Pot Industry, Scam of the Century? return true; if (cEnd === -1) { var setAdblockerCookie = function(adblocker) { The more mortgages lenders provided to homebuyers, the more product Francis would have to sell. } if (!mps._ext || !mps._ext.loaded) { mps._log('**** LOADED: Google PII Fix - cnbc-cms-header-insert'); head.insertBefore(mpsload, head.firstChild) Number of permitted concurrent streams will vary based on the terms of your subscription. 'site' : 'cnbc.com-relaunch' , Monday, February 16th 8p | 12a ET function isEEARegionCheck() { 'content_id' : '28984151' , } http://biz.thestar.com.my/ Looks like PBS has got its Investigative Team in gear too: FrontLine: Inside the Meltdown if (isOneTrustAnyBlocked()) { const EEA_REGION_COUNTRY_CODES = ['AT', 'BE', 'BG', 'HR', 'CY', 'CZ', 'DK', 'EE', 'FI', 'FR', 'DE', 'GR', 'HU', 'IS', 'IE', 'IT', 'LV', 'LI', 'LT', 'LU', 'MT', 'NL', 'NO', 'PL', 'PT', 'RO', 'SK', 'SI', 'ES', 'SE', 'CH', 'TR', 'GB']; Best Balance Transfer Credit Cards. Documentary Review: House of Cards. Unable to add item to List. A 3 . , Package Dimensions "updatecorrelator" : true let cStart = document.cookie.indexOf(`${name}=`); , Director mpsload.id = "mps-load";
What's Cookin Good Lookin Similar Phrases, Articles H